With all frames attached, the trick now is to mount the transom. The recommended procedure is to use the keel extended from frames 2 and 1 to set the position of the transom, which is also called frame 0. This works because these three form a straight line. Here is a picture using a straightedge to show the alignment of the transom.
These pictures are of the transom frame without the plywood transom attached, which I did next. Once the complete transom was ready, it was attached to the building form.
Here the transom is attached to the building form. All my alignment earlier was for naught as the completed transom did not line up correctly. The 13 degree angle between the keel and transom, plus the correct distance from the next frame could not be met so I had to cut wood off the building form and then use shims to get it right. Anyway, everything is now in alignment and I screwed the transom to the form.
No comments:
Post a Comment