Malahini Design

Malahini Design

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pre-launch sea trials

As the time for the official launch approaches, I thought it would be a good idea to give the boat a test run in local waters to ensure everything worked before I took it to our condo at the Lake of the Ozarks.  While this is a launch of the boat, it is not an "official" launch since the Admiral is not present.

There is boat ramp and boating area at George Winter Park in Fenton, a short distance from my home, which we used for the test run.  Two neighbors, Tom and Hank, came along and I appreciate their help.  Hank and Tom helped with the launch and retrieval while Tom also worked my camera to take some video.

Here we prepare to launch.  The launch went smoothly and the boat floated free with relative ease.

It really floats!
Back on the trailer after a successful test run.  We some challenges getting it back on the trailer.  The ramp has a drop off and I didn't get the trailer straight, so one side was down while the other was up.   We just couldn't get it lined up until I reset the trailer straight in. 

Here are two videos of the test run.  The first is from my camera and second from Hank's.


I'm looking forward to the upholstery, final completion, naming the boat and the official launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment