Malahini Design

Malahini Design

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The upholstery is done

I picked up the upholstered panels after Memorial day. I also picked up the cover, which was modified to add an air vent to the middle section to help ventilate the hull when covered and stored.

I did not have to leave my boat at Old Town Upholstery since the seating consisted of plywood panels that would be covered and then put back in place.  So, I just left the panels with Dave and waited for the work to be done.  I originally hoped for Memorial day but pushed it off a week since my kids were coming home on June 1 and wanted to see the boat. 
Here is the front seat. The two bottom panels need a block of wood on the underside to prevent them from sliding forward.  However, they are removable by lifting and pulling out. There is some useful storage area under the seats.

I also want the seat backs to be removable, especially in the back so I can store stuff behind it.  The problem is they are very tight and I think my originally mounting plans will not work.  So, I'm still scratching my head for a good way to mount them plus have them easily removable.  Time will tell.
Just another picture showing the front and the back.  The seat backs are about 2" above the deck and are curved to match the deck.  The foam is very firm 2" except for the bump at the front of the seats.  The color is called Buckskin and was picked because it seemed a close match to the maple in the deck.   We also wanted a lighter color to keep them cooler in the sun.   Now they will just be very hot instead of extremely hot. 

I'm still waiting for the State of Missouri to register and title my boat.   The local office told me the wrong amount I owed so after it was finally processed after 5 weeks of waiting,  I got a letter requesting more money.    I sent in the additional money to the slow, grinding gears of government and hope I will get the needed paperwork before the boating season is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment