Additional framing is required at the bow to support the plywood. The cross pieces are curved to match the curve defined by frame 4, which is the last frame before the stem. Here is the start of it.
This piece is about half way between frame 4 and the stem. It needs to be attached to the sheer so you must first attach blocking to the sheer to provide some glue and screw area for the cross piece. The sheer is curved, so I used the band saw (a very handy tool for this) to cut a matching curve in some 1x3" oak and screwed it into the sheer. I now have a flat area to glue and screw the cross framing. These top surfaces of the deck framing look a little rough right now but they will all have to be "faired" to provide a smooth curved surface to accept the plywood decking.
I'll do another post when this is complete and you can see the whole deck.
No comments:
Post a Comment