Malahini Design

Malahini Design

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Plywood arrives

I ordered all my marine Meranti plywood from Homestead in Ohio. My plan is to order all I needed because I didn't want to pay trucking charges more than once. I ordered on-line on Jan. 24. After a week of not hearing, I was wondering the status of my order so I called them. The guy didn't know but said he would check and email me back.  Before I got his email the trucking company called and said they had my order ready for delivery.  I scheduled the delivery for Friday.  So, it was less than two weeks from order to delivery, not bad.
I waited all day for the delivery. As luck would have it, I was next to last on the schedule. The crate of plywood was so large the liftgate of the truck didn't handle it so we opened the crate and unloaded piece by piece.
I ordered 4 sheets of 4x10 for the sides, two 1/4" 4x8 for the deck, one 3/4" for the seat brackets and ten sheets of 3/8" for the bottom, covering the transom, floors, cabinetry, etc. 
Here's over $1000 of plywood.  Yikes!

I better not mess it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment