Malahini Design

Malahini Design

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Officially Named

If you remember the old Zenith brand of TVs, they had a slogan: "The quality goes in before the name goes on."  Well, my slogan should be: " The boat goes in (the water) before the name goes on." 

The stick-on vinyl lettering had not arrived when we launched the boat, so Tossin' & Turnin' remained nameless for several weeks since it was difficult to access the transom when the boat was on the lift at the lake.  However, in early September I pulled the boat for our trip to the Sixth Annual Gathering of Glen-L Boat Builders, which was held at Lake Nickajack in Tennessee and affectionately called "G6" or the "Gathering".  As I was prepping for the long drive, I had time to apply the name.

 I ordered the lettering on one long curve and then cut it into sections for application. Due to lots of different hardware bits on the transom, there was limited room to fit the lettering, but I got it to fit.   I wish the ampersand was smaller so I could have put it to the right of the u-bolt on the transom.

The Gathering was a 7 hour drive from St. Louis and it trailered with no problems.  We had a floating cabin at the marina so we could park T&T right outside our front door.  Very convenient for a weekend of boating with fellow builders.   Here's the eponymous boat parked at G6.


No comments:

Post a Comment