With encapsulation complete, I can start finishing the motor well area. Before I enclosed the well, I attached the mounting plates for he bilge pumps and attached the hoses. By doing it know, I could do without have to crawl into the back of the boat. I also mounting the base plates for the fuel tank and battery. These plates are 3/8" plywood with oak borders to prevent the tank/battery from sliding around. They also include straps to hold them down.
Here's a view under the well, showing the bilge brackets and hoses.
This shows the completed well and another view of the fuel tank. I originally was going to attempt to put the tank in the middle of boat for better balance, but that approach would be a lot of work and also interfere with leg room for back seat passengers. This is a 14 gallon tank and other builders of this boat do not think the tank back here causes any issues.
I used colored epoxy to filet the seams and also cover the screw holes. The epoxy didn't work so well for the screw holes since it doesn't sand out like Famowood and doesn't match as well. Live and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment